Recruitment Policy for T&P Department will be appropriate to all students registered for the 2017-18 campus placements of the institute students and is to be followed during the entire duration of the placement season.
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering Students :
Students of the Nanasaheb Mahadik College of Engineering (NMCOE) must complete Seven Semesters of his / her degree or Pass-out is eligible to register for Campus Placements.
Students must register for placements and respective trainings / workshops organized by T&P CELL only once.
Policy Rules :
- The role of TPO is of a mediator and analyst for placement and training related activities. TPO does Not Guarantee a job. Applying for a company or joining a company is entirely the responsibility / decision of the students.
- Recruitment facility is available to all the students registered with T&P Cell through the policy ‘one job-one student at the first instance’. There is no restriction on applying/appearing in interviews until the first job is secured. A student will be considered to have secured a job if his/her name appears in the selection list or an appointment letter received to Head-Training and Placement.
- Students must keep their Identity Card with them at the time of Presentation / Online-Offline Tests / Group Discussion / Personal Interviews and produce the same when demanded by the HR team or TPO coordinators or their representatives.
- The Head-Training and Placement strongly discourages the students to go for off campus in the companies that already come to NMCOE campus as this affects the company-institute relations adversely. Students are also requested to forward contacts they have, if any, in different companies so that T&P Cell may formally invite these companies for recruitment process or placements.
- All Pre Placement Offers by any company whatsoever, extended to any student, have to be immediately indicated / informed to the T&P office by the student after registration. This also includes offers extended by companies that are not participating in the 2017-18 campus recruitment process.
- All companies contacted will also be asked in advance about any Pre-Placement offers that have been extended by them and the company will be informed about our policy in advance.
- A student offered a Pre-Placement Offer through HEAD-Training & Placement must accept / reject the offer prior to the date specified by the company.
- Students accepting or denying a Pre-Placement Offer will have to immediately notify the T&P office of the same. If the Pre-Placement Offer is accepted, the job position will be recorded and he / she will NOT be allowed to participate in the recruitment or placements afterword. However, he / she will be allowed to participate in the recruitment process if the offer is rejected. The rejection letter will be sent to the company through Training and Placement Office.
- Any student found to have penetrated any of these rules or secured a Pre-Placement Offer and not informed the T&P office of the same will be disqualified from the recruitment process. If, at the time of obstacle, the student is already placed, the company in which he / she placed will be intimated of the violation.
- Any sort of misbehaviour by the students which affects the dignity of the Pre-Placement Presentation or the selection process or the reputation of the TPO attracts penalty or debarred from entire process immediately.
- Student will not be allowed to participate in the selection process of the company, for which, he / she has missed the Pre-Placement Talk / Presentation of the Company / Aptitude Test / Group Discussion / Personal Technical and HR interview.
- Cheating in any forms or marking substitutions during the selection process is strictly prohibited and those caught indulging in such activities would lose all their job position and debarred from the Campus Recruitment process.
- Genuine reasons include health problems or other reasons subject to approval of Chairman / Executive Director / Principal. Pre-Placement Talk / Presentation of the Company / Aptitude Test / Group Discussion / Personal Technical and HR interview missed due to academic clashes will be given another chance to the students after submitting certain proof from respective Head of the Department to attend further campus drives.
- Students must fill up and submit ‘Alumni Association Form’ which is already activated on our institute website: www.nmcoe.org.in after successful joining in the company / industry.
The Training & Placement Office invites the organizations for participation in the campus recruitments’ process.
- Participating industries and corporates reply through e-mail or post to the Head of Training & Placement Department showing their willingness along with Job Profile, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process ( Introducing Rounds to be taken during recruitment procedure), CTC Package, and Place of Posting, Terms and Conditions of the Positions, etc.
- Training & Placement Department suggests the dates as per the Academic Calendar of the respective year to the company for their drive visit. Head of the T&P keeps in touch constantly with campus hiring team of the company or recruitment agency officers.
- Companies are allotted dates on the basis of:
Student's Performance in all the semesters
CTC Package + incentives and other wages as per company policy
- After receiving the confirmation from the company &industries,recruitment details are passed on to the students and posted on central notice board as well as displayed department wise on their notice board. Also Training and Placement department is using their own Bulk SMS gateway to send such information directly to the student on their cell phones.
- Team of Company Recruitment conducts Pre-placement Discussion / Talk and On Campus Placement Process. They have introduced various rounds to the students before starting of actual process via Company Presentation or Personal talk with the student as a whole.
- After the completion of the entire recruitment process on campus drive, company has immediately announced shortlisted or selected candidate’s list followed by issuing offer letters or letters of intent.
- Company HR officer and his/her team visits NMCOE, Peth campus at Peth Naka and conducts following recruitment process comprising all or any of following steps:
- Greeting of the Campus Recruitment Team by the Student Coordinators.
- Boarding of the team in College Guest Rooms or nearby hotels.
- Meeting of Company HR with Head of T&P Officer about the process to be followed during entire drive day.
- Pre-placement Talk by the company with the candidates
- Online or Offline Written test i.e. Aptitude Tests
- Group Discussion
- Technical Interview
- HR Personal Interview
- Result Declaration
- Issue of Letter of Intent (LOI) by the company or Offer letter
- Notification of finally selected students by the Placement officer.
- If the candidate is selected, a JOB POSITION is registered against his/her name and he/she would not be allowed to appear any campus drive thereafter as per current Student Recruitment Policy of NMCOE, Peth.